Today we will shed some light on the quick-tempered and illogical actions of media and Indian teens, yes I am definitely going to talk about this, without hesitation, because I know if you are a familiar reader, you know we don’t mislead people, and if you are a new guy, I have all the required logic to win you over.
I’m approaching to teens mostly on this particular topic, because I noticed their rage against this, this might or might not be applicable to other sections of society. But if you think SnapChat CEO is wrong, and shall be punished, then you should definitely, go ahead and read this whole article.
What’s the Incident as Indian people know?
According to what a normal, average, informed, social media using teen of India, one day he or she suddenly came to know that the SnapChat CEO called India “poor“.
The after effect
All Indians started boycotting the SnapChat App, raging against the CEO, abusing the CEO, basically if he was within their reach, they might have physically harassed him. The SnapChat app has a 1 star rating on Apple App Store as of right now.
Approaching the situation
Now let’s see what’s really going on here, one step at a time.
What is SnapChat?
SnapChat is a fun messaging app. You can capture a photo or brief video with it, then add a caption or doodle or filter/lens over the top, and send the snap to a friend or set it as your SnapChat story, a 24-hour collection of all your snaps that is broadcasted to the world or just your followers.
But these are merely part of the many features within SnapChat. Yes, at its core, SnapChat is used to send photos and videos to friends. Your friends can view snaps for up to 10 seconds, and then the snaps disappear. While that’s all fine and dandy, many people are still left stumped by SnapChat.
Apart from this unique to its platform media sharing, you can just use it for regular chat purposes as well.
So basically, IT IS A FREE CAMERA APP WITH MESSAGING.
Where to get it?
But the news claimed that CEO said that India “Poor” -_-
Yeah, coming to the main topic, according to the article on Variety (US Edition) which starts like
“SnapChat CEO Said ‘This App Is Only for Rich People,’ Ex-Employee Alleges”
Now let me present you a number of logical arguments with ample amount of proof,
- Ex-Employee Alleges
- According to Variety.com, Anthony Pompliano, is already been fired from SnapChat over a 3 week tenure, and has been involved in a lawsuit in L.A. Superior Court with SnapChat.
- As per the news articles, Pompliano claims that CEO gave this statement in a presentation meeting which went wrong back in 2015, mind that he waited 2 years before revealing that.
- I wonder what are the odds Pompliano is just making this up to turn the lawsuit in his favour.
- The SnapChat CEO Evan Spiegel
- According to BusinessInsider.com and Forbes, Evan Spiegel with an estimated net worth of $2 billion, 26-year-old Spiegel is the youngest billionaire in the world.
- So mind that, he is one of the youngest and smartest brains in the technology industry from whose company, even Facebook itself regularly borrow/copy its features.Take that Facebook. **Shots fired**
- The app would not have been launched in Indian market if it wouldn’t have been meant for Indians to use, moreover it’s a free app and a bloody camera, which has nothing to do with the economic status on countries for God sake, use your mind.
- The Great Indian Media Circus
- I have read about tens of different news articles on this topic, and guess what I found, only the Indian media stated that “SnapChat CEO said …” whereas all the foreign media where everything took place stated that “SnapChat CEO said … as alleged by ex-employee…”.
- Take a look at the news cutouts in the section below.
- The Indian media carefully obstructed the part which would make the news something which will enrage every Indian who reads it. As one may say, “The BREAKING NEWS phenomena” of Indian media.
- But I wonder, if one is blindly accepting anything shown on news channels as true, then it’s his her own fault for being trolled by news channels. The news channels are just a group of people and they too have to sell news in order to earn their paychecks, every once in a while they will exaggerate some news, make some fake accusations, or do something likewise, it shall be the duty of an educated member of society to act with precautions instead of being irrational and using head-on hate speech on anyone either outside or inside the country.
- Misfired Hate Sentiments
- SnapDeal a totally different company, an Indian company, was victim to hate speech, because a few people couldn’t differentiate between SnapChat and SnapDeal.
- Just take a look in the pictures below.
- I’m not saying that people are morons, a few of them are maybe, but not all. What I am trying to say is that people with clouded judgement and irrational emotions can be extremely harmful to everyone.
What did SnapDeal did to you, come on, man, be reasonable?
Conclusion : A Letter to Indian people
Have you ever wondered why no one calls America “poor”, not because everyone fears the America but it will be an extremely stupid and impulsive act to call them poor. They won’t even blink an eye upon you and you will regret your actions shamefully.
On the contrary, In India, we make people like that celebrities, the so-called “Breaking News” of the moment. We actively make them feel as if they in fact have rub salt in our wounds. We are not poor. Not at all. But I’m sad to acknowledge that many of us are sort of stupid on our part, our actions do not match the level of education we receive, because it has nothing to do with education, it is more related to what we think about others and ourselves and our great nation.
I’m not saying anything against India, mind that. But the people who curse Evan Spiegel and feel patriotic about it, disgust me. I love my nation, for me it is the best, but that should not cloud my judgement or my actions.
No court has confirmed those allegations made by Pompliano yet, so stop harassing SnapChat.
Prove me wrong, If you can, with evidence or at least logic.
Written by a proud Indian who is sad because of irrational acts of his fellow society members.
A few pictures you should take a look at
By the way, people who are gonna comment that Facebook and Twitter is never wrong, let me remind you that Facebook and Twitter is used by people just like and me, they are humans and they can be mistaken too. So don’t, I repeat don’t trust anyone blindly, human error is present everywhere and cannot be eradicated no matter what.
If you guys don’t like this post, just explain me why, I might be wrong in thinking that Pompliano is at fault, but at least I can explain how I came to such a view-point. Those blaming Evan have no view-point are following the media like sheep follows a dog.
I do apologize for my rough language, it might have hurt someone.
Thanks for reading, let me know your views upon this in the comments.