Today we are gonna talk about something which would delight our coder friends.
What is Coding?
Coding or Programming refers to the process of writing computer programs.
Coding is what makes it possible for us to create computer softwares, apps or amazing websites like TechGlobule.com. Your browser, your operating system, the apps on your smart phone, all the websites you visited yesterday – they’re all made with code.
For e.g. following is the code to print “Welcome to TechGlobule” in C++ language.
What are Programming Languages?
Just as different people communicate to one another in different languages like English, French, Russian etc. one can communicate with a compiler to create programs in different languages, or better known as Programming Languages, such as, C++, Python, PHP, etc.
Or in the words of Wikipedia,
“A programming language is a formal constructed language designed to communicate instructions to a machine, particularly a computer. Programming languages can be used to create programs to control the behavior of a machine or to express algorithms.”
What is a Compiler?
A compiler is a an already made program, which one can use to make new programs.
A compiler compiles our code written in a specific language (say C++), and translates it in the machine language, for the Computer (or any other device), which then understands it and makes our program run.
What is IDEOne and why should I even bother about it?
IDEOne is an online compiler and debugging tool which allows one to compile source code and run it online without the need of any other software. Just click on the IDEOne logo to start coding.
- No prerequisites, i.e. other software needed
- Free to use
- No need to sign-up. Even though you can become a registered user for added benefits like extra 10 seconds of Execution time.
- Supports 60+ languages
- Always up to date with the latest coding conventions
- Include sample codes for beginners
- Share your content over the internet. You can choose your program to be public, secret, or private.
Are there any limitations, of this free service?
Unfortunately, yes there are a few limitations, but they won’t limit your coding potential unless you are a professional coder. Following are the limitations –
- The compilation should not take more than 10 seconds.
- Execution time should not take more than 5 seconds; 15 seconds for logged-in users.
- Your program cannot use more than 256MB memory.
- Your code shouldn’t exceed the size of 64KB.
- Your program can’t access the internet.
Even, if you confront any of these limitations ever, you can just download your program, and run it on any other offline compiler.